Questions and answers on the Hippocrene Prize for Education in Europe
The Hippocrene Foundation organizes, in partnership with the Ministry of National Education, Youth and Sports, and the Ministry of Agriculture and Food, and the support of the Representation in France of the European Commission, a competition entitled “Hippocrene Prize for Education in Europe”. This competition aims to encourage and promote schools, teachers and students who engage in exchanges with young Europeans, in the discovery of another culture, through the realization of a common project and mobility.
Do not hesitate to refer to the virtual mobility tools offered by Erasmus + to help you.
When and how is it possible to apply?
Applications are open from November 15, 2021 to January 18, 2022 and must be written online on the interface of the Hippocrene Foundation website for the projects of schools under the National Education from the page http://fondationhippocrene.eu/prix-2022/
An automatic confirmation email will be sent to you once your file has been submitted. It will then be automatically sent to the Hippocrene Foundation team.
For establishments dependent on the Ministry of Agriculture and Food, refer to the memo which will be published shortly.
Who can participate in the competition?
The competition is open to all primary or secondary level classes in schools, colleges, general high schools and vocational high schools (4 separate rankings) of public or private education under contract with academies and vice-rectorates and is also aimed at the all establishments of technical and higher agricultural education, public and private, under contract.
What are the expectations of the file?
The competition consists of presenting a dossier putting into perspective an original European partnership project developed by the class with his / her teachers. In the context of exchanges with young Europeans, this will involve working on any theme that can illustrate the challenges and common values of the European Union (engagement actions, action themes such as the environment, fight against discrimination, defense of freedoms, promotion of a European culture and its heritage).
What are the terms of participation?
All types of partnership active in 2022 with an educational establishment located in:
• in a member state of the European Union,
• in one of the 4 countries of the European Free Trade Association – EFTA (Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Switzerland)
• in an official candidate country for the European Union (Albania, The Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia, Turkey).
• or in the United Kingdom.
If the partnership is made with more than one country, at least one of the partner countries must meet this criterion, the other countries being able to be outside those mentioned above.
What types of partnerships are eligible?
• The partnership must be active in 2022 (an old partnership reactivated or a new project launched this year). For information, if you are looking for partners, eTwinning is one of the tools suitable for teachers …
• It can be a European partnership developed by the class with its teacher (s): active pairings and twinning, shared educational projects, virtual partnerships, student exchanges, incoming and outgoing mobility of students and teachers …
• The partnership may concern one or more disciplines and does not exclude any discussion topic; the possible acquisition of linguistic and intercultural skills can be put into perspective.
• The partnership must be initiated and confirmed at the time of presentation of the file.
• Students should have started working on the project.
• The application must put into perspective one or more joint production (s) carried out within the framework of the partnership.
• Given the health context, physical mobility to meet partners is not considered a mandatory criterion as could be the case in previous years, but remains encouraged. It can also be shifted in time. If physical mobility is not possible, virtual mobility is then required to make the application eligible.
How is the selection of the winners going?
For national education establishments:
The selection of files will be done in three stages:
1. A verification of the eligibility of applications will be carried out by the Hippocrene Foundation
2. The validated applications will be evaluated by the preselection jury, which is made up of members of the Hippocrene Foundation, associative managers and former DAREICs, and which is responsible for selecting 3 files per category of establishment, i.e. 12 files in total. .
3. These 12 finalist applications will be evaluated by a jury of experts, the Grand Jury, which will decide on the awarding of prizes. The jury will have to audition the finalist candidates by video-conference or in Paris face-to-face. Estimated dates of the hearings before the jury: one day on February 3 or 4, 2022 (subject to confirmation).
For the agricultural education category:
A memo will soon be published in addition to the regulations available for download at the bottom of the page. Three finalist applications will be shortlisted for evaluation by a jury of experts, the Grand Jury.
The Grand Jury:
The 15 finalist files (12 files from the 4 categories of National Education as well as the 3 files in the agricultural education category) will be evaluated by a jury of experts who will decide on the attribution of the 6 prizes (one prize for each of the 5 categories and a Grand Prix, all categories combined). The jury will have to audition the finalist candidates.
Date of the hearings before the jury: one day on February 3 or 4, 2022 (subject to confirmation).
What are the rewards of this competition?
Six prizes in total are funded under this competition:
• 5 prizes of 5,000 euros, one per category of establishment ( primary school, middle school, general high school, vocational high school, agricultural education )
• a special jury prize, endowed with 10,000 euros, each of which is intended to finance the implementation of the winning projects designated by the jury in any category.
• If the health and social context allows it, a delegation of laureates will be invited to the Sorbonne in Paris for the awards ceremony, which would take place in the presence of European and educational personalities (the exact details will be communicated later). Other methods of awarding prizes may be considered depending on the situation.
Images, photos and videos to enhance your work!
During the implementation of your project, do not forget to take regular photos (in good definition) and to make short videos that allow students to see the students working on the project. It will be very useful to promote your project.
For more details, you can refer to the complete regulations downloadable at the bottom of the page or contact the Hippocrene Foundation team on 06 17 80 05 32 or on email@example.com